Skip directly to content

Monster lyrics and meaning

• Monster lyrics and meaning
    Posted on Jun 3, 2011
    MidnightFelicis97 says
    Edited on March 30, 2012

WOAH, WOAH WOAH. Guys, stop.  The last verse appears to be causing some kind of confusion. The lyrics I put are the only lyrics I have actually heard that make any sense and appear to fit what Hayley sings. IF you think it's anything else then at least put some thought into the grammar and compilation. I.E, does it make sense? 'cause some of the ones I've just read are just absurdly retarded it's beyond my comprehension that you'd even bring yourself to type it out.
    Until official lyrics are released and I'm satisfied that it has come from Paramore or a representetive the lyrics in this topic are the lyrics that are correct.
    Kay? Ta.

You were my conscience, so solid well now you're like water,
    And we started drowning, not like we'd sink any farther,
    But I let my heart go, it's somewhere down at the bottom
    But I'll get a new one, come back for the hope that you've stolen

I'll stop the whole world,
    From turning into a monster; eating us alive,
    Don't you ever wonder how we survive?
    Well now that you're gone, the world is ours.

I'm only human, I've got a skeleton in me,
    But I'm not the villain, despite what you're always preaching,
    Call me a traitor, I'm just collecting your victims,
    And they're getting stronger and I hear them calling (calling, calling)

From turning into a monster; eating us alive,

Well you might have strength and solutions
    But I like the tension
    And not always knowing the answers
    You're gonna lose it
    You're gonna lose it

I'll stop the whole world
    From turning into a monster, eating us alive
    Well now that your gone, the world-
    From turning into a monster, eating us alive
    Well now that your gone, the world is ours.

Before any of you say, no, this is not a repeat topic. The other topic is asking for the lyrics and this topic is the lyrics. Geddit?

[Update 1 - It was "Come back for the hope that you've stolen". I'm just completely retarded :')]
    [Update 2 - The last verse thing is something everyone's having issues with. Personally I think what I put up there is wrong. I think it sounds more likely than any other alternatives I've seen around though.]

Clearly we're in need of a discussion about the meaning of the lyrics so let's have one.

I'd emit no surprise if it was about Josh and Zac. To me though it kind of means not to let go of yourself and turning into someone else because of what other people have done to you.
    If you get that?

Forum category:
MidnightFelicis97's picture
on June 3, 2011 - 12:46pm

WOAH, WOAH WOAH. Guys, stop.  The last verse appears to be causing some kind of confusion. The lyrics I put are the only lyrics I have actually heard that make any sense and appear to fit what Hayley sings. IF you think it's anything else then at least put some thought into the grammar and compilation. I.E, does it make sense? 'cause some of the ones I've just read are just absurdly retarded it's beyond my comprehension that you'd even bring yourself to type it out.
Until official lyrics are released and I'm satisfied that it has come from Paramore or a representetive the lyrics in this topic are the lyrics that are correct.
Kay? Ta.

You were my conscience, so solid well now you're like water,
And we started drowning, not like we'd sink any farther,
But I let my heart go, it's somewhere down at the bottom
But I'll get a new one, come back for the hope that you've stolen

From turning into a monster; eating us alive,

I'm only human, I've got a skeleton in me,
But I'm not the villain, despite what you're always preaching,
Call me a traitor, I'm just collecting your victims,
And they're getting stronger and I hear them calling (calling, calling)

From turning into a monster; eating us alive,

Well you might have strength and solutions
But I like the tension
You're gonna lose it
You're gonna lose it

From turning into a monster, eating us alive
Well now that your gone, the world-
From turning into a monster, eating us alive
Well now that your gone, the world is ours.

Before any of you say, no, this is not a repeat topic. The other topic is asking for the lyrics and this topic is the lyrics. Geddit?

[Update 1 - It was "Come back for the hope that you've stolen". I'm just completely retarded :')]
[Update 2 - The last verse thing is something everyone's having issues with. Personally I think what I put up there is wrong. I think it sounds more likely than any other alternatives I've seen around though.]

Clearly we're in need of a discussion about the meaning of the lyrics so let's have one.

I'd emit no surprise if it was about Josh and Zac. To me though it kind of means not to let go of yourself and turning into someone else because of what other people have done to you.
If you get that?

Forum category: 

@migeparadict!
They didn't really handle it well or particularly christian like.

Although I'm sure Josh thinks they were quite mature about them making all his ex fans sing about how they're better off without him and zac and how they were just holding them back...

RiotinMe_2's picture

Gosh now that I've watched the interview you guys (PARAMORE) had with James from MTV about the Farros leaving the band, I couldn't help but find a new meaning to your new singles especially "Monster". I really love how you guys put so much emotion and meaning to your songs that makes a lot of people relate to them. A lot of people are thinking that you guys made this song to get back at Josh but I don't think so. You guys said that you din't want to retaliate to the offensive statement that the Farros posted and i believe you guys. I believe that the songs in your new singles are just reflections and expressions of your emotions on what happened 2yrs ago and not directed to anybody in particular. I also really admire how you guys handled the situation. You handled it like true professionals and most importantly true Christians. What happened 2 yrs ago only made me love you guys more and made me realize that you guys are definitely more than your songs and beautiful performances. You guys are a BAND that I can really look up to and love. Don't ever stop rockin the world PARAMORE! I wish you guys all the best!

-justanotherfan :)

Latency's picture

It's about breaking free from the monster. You can call this whatever you want.... illuminati, devil, darkness, void.....

Obviously Hayley was in a bad place and now she's breaking free from it. She's not the only one. Eminem is doing the same. Hence the verse from "Monster", "Call me a traitor, I'm just collecting your victims."

Just look at the last album and all of the art. I've never seen so many obvious Illuminati references. Glad to see Paramore now rise up against the "Monster"!!! The Riot was such an amazing album and IMHO had a main theme of personal betterment and being a strong human spirit...... I think this was a big threat to the dark evil people on this planet.... Paramore is back!

jarrett lover's picture

i really love this song,i agree with 'bliss,the meaning is that they protect against distruction,harm,and danger,i think its about like how people are going against the world in real life.

LastSecondChance's picture

I love this song

Bliss_4's picture

It's about loving so much you'll go against anything to protect them from the world and even go against there mistakes and problems making yourself a villain foe them

AnetteSL's picture

Happiness Infection

Yeah... It really is.

@Happiness Infection
Renegade is partially about Josh and Zac too.

Emily Limmy's picture

How about Renegade :/?
You mean all of their new songs are about Josh and Zac?
I don't agree.

AnetteSL's picture

In the FBR 15th concert thingy....
I think she says:

Well you find your strength in solutions.....

not sure though... that line has been a problem for me a long time! xD When I saw them this summer I just made up my own lyrics, since I didn't really know them! :P

becca_21's picture

Paramore is my inpsiration for writing my music... I'm in a band (a girl) with 3 other boys, we're new so will be putting new stuff up soon with the full band!... and I look up to Jerm Hayles and Taylor as role models... I want to be as successful as them one day, it would mean the world to me if you guys came and supported us! :) www.facebook.com/patchworkmonster

RunParaWays's picture

awesome :)

misguidedlover's picture

Obviously, it's about the energy drink. DUH

pARAmore_3's picture

I'm fairlu certain it's 'You thought of straight dissolution'. Dissolution meaning breakup. It would explain why Hayley sings: 'But I like the tension'. amirite?

Crystaal13's picture

I think Matt has it right guys!!!

Lil_someone's picture

Wait, could it be "you thought of straight dissolution"? I mean, dissolution as in a breakup...that would make sense, right?

Vapera's picture

Am I the only one who hears ''You'd better'' during the last verse?

RAWR I AM TORI's picture

D: what? Dang. That's were i get all my lyrics... :( oh well.

paiten's picture

all along i thought it was so silent instead of so solid but you know... so solid makes soooo much more sense.. whoops

@RAWR IM A TORI
Lyrics sites are wrong most the time.

@aj18
the song was written BEFORE the film asked them to play the soundtrack.

misguided miracle's picture

its about josh and zac. well more josh.

aj18's picture

monster is one of songs in transformer 3 dark of the moon right?

...maybe the meaning of the song is about sentinel prime and optimus prime

because optimus prime is a traitor

hmm just a suggestion

(hay hirap ng english XD maeexplain ko pa sana kaso di ko na kaya haha)

RAWR I AM TORI's picture

(not saying this is officially right) A-Z Lyrics said the verse in question is:
"Well you find your strength in solution
But I liked the tension
But you're gonna lose it, you're gonna lose it"

I'm not trying to be all like, "BOW DOWN I AM RIGHT!!" But this is what the lyric site said, ^___^

RAWR I AM TORI's picture

I feel like it is about the brothers in a sense, but not entirely. :D But if it is about the brothers, its more like it like (to me) They won so many battles together, they trusted each other, then out of no where Hayley was made a monster by Josh. They survived that dark time and now that he is out of Paramore, they can get to new heights, become bigger and bigger. Paramore is just being the backdrop to this fight and is trying to bring the fans back together, those for Paramore and those for the Farro's, And even if Hayley doesn't have all the answers, she will try her best to get through this. :D This is just me now.

InTheMourningI'llRise's picture

everyone knows its about josh and zac.

purpleninja16's picture

That's how I thought the song went. I figured that they were just writing a song that goes for a movie that also fits for the movie. Isn't it obvious. If a band is asked to write a song they write it to fit the movie.

Aisling_5's picture

I thought it was - well you find/found the strength in solutions but i like the tension.

Could be wrong though.

shanty9's picture

paramore should tell us about the 'solutions' what exactly it is....:/

@loren1qaz
NO!

Pages