Skip directly to content

Old Paramore?

• Old Paramore?
    Posted on Jun 17, 2010
    NicoX448 says
    Edited on March 30, 2012

Does anyone miss them?

I have nothing against what Paramore has become, they have come a very long way-

It's just, they seemed more real then. I'm not trying to bash them, I still love Paramore.

I just miss how it was when AWKIF was out and the early days of Riot!

Nowadays, Hayley's on everything though Paramore doesn't get much play. 

Don't get me wrong, Hayley is amazing-I just wish it would be more Paramore, you know. The band.

What do you think?

Forum category:
NicoX448's picture
on June 17, 2010 - 11:22pm

Does anyone miss them?

I have nothing against what Paramore has become, they have come a very long way-

It's just, they seemed more real then. I'm not trying to bash them, I still love Paramore.

I just miss how it was when AWKIF was out and the early days of Riot!

Nowadays, Hayley's on everything though Paramore doesn't get much play. 

Don't get me wrong, Hayley is amazing-I just wish it would be more Paramore, you know. The band.

What do you think?

Forum category: 
Patoo's picture

well i see hallelujah acoustic and i really want to live in the year 2007 forever, but i think that it's not the old or the new Paramore, it's just that they grew up and on the way they had some problem like everyone in this life!
sometimes people make bad decisions, but they still on the way to grow, they're amazing on everything!!!

violet cullen's picture

@lsuria9,
Dig up fossils much?

lsuria9's picture

i think even though hayley is on everything paramore is still paramore. to me paramore seems the same. even though the guys arent on every magazine paramore is still a band to me it seems like there stronger now

EMERGENCY's picture

i do in fact miss them whene thay began but you just have to exept it =[ and i do think there shold be more paramore than hayley =]

SugarCoatedBullet's picture

All the stuff that they do is amazing, though the most recent music has a sort of confused, I don't know anymore feel to it sometimes. However, Paramore will continue to be amazing, no matter what anyone says. Everyone in Paramore is equal, they just need to figure it out first.

Oats's picture

I liked their old stuff, their new stuff sounds confused and conflicted. It's kind of sad but its not about the band anymore, its about Hayley and what Hayley does. Think of what would happen if Hayley left, would it still be Paramore? Would you still say the band is the same band if they got a new lead girl? hmmm =p

jaco_4's picture

all we know has been they're perfect masterpiece in my opinion.
and besides, its just right that they sound differently in each album otherwise their just recording the same album over and over again. but all the same, they are still that great band i know!

rawrieatyourbrains's picture

GAH!! i hate it when people say they like the "old" paramore more. THEY ARE STILL THE SAME (besides the fact that josh and zac left). and they sound changed if i didn't change it would get boring after a while. of course hayley gets all the attention she is the only girl in the band, shes the frontwoman and shes the singer what do you expect

paramorefan777's picture

i still love them, but i know where your coming from!

Forever.Born.For.Paramore's picture

i know what you mean i love them with all my heart but i could relate to them more in the old days(not that you cant realate to them now). No matter how they change i will always love them and Hayley will always be my idol!

Eevie's picture

@ all we know
well she has been on magazine covers on her own before so yeah

All We Know is Brand New Riot's picture

@Matt
Yes, that is true. Each album shined in it's own way.

Oh and @Eevie =)
This was written before the Cosmo shoot :)

Eevie's picture

no i don't miss them cause they are still the same people we loved back then, and those people will always be a part of them, you act as if they have had this huge overhaul of what they were but they haven't, they have just grown up a little and matured, if they had stayed the same you would be complaining that their style hadn't evolved

and about the hayley thing, she never wanted it to be that way and if you are referring to the cosmo cover shoot, i am so damn proud of her for doing it and showing young girls and guys too that you can do it YOUR way and you don't have to wear skimpy clothes or whatever to be noticed, that she has realised how many young people look up to her and admire her, it's awesome that she promotes the fact that being yourself is the best thing about you

so your argument is invalid

MidnightFelicis97's picture

@AWKIBNE
But it is unique in every way. AWKIF is going to be unique isn't it? It's the first album. The first thing they wrote. It can't NOT be unique. Each album is different and unique in it's own way. Brand New Eyes is very individual in ways that AWKIF isn't.

@Matt
I said their sound isn't AS unique. I love their music, but if you compare BNE to AWKIF, there is a bit of a difference. They know what's best for the band, and unless they come out with something REALLY trashy (which I know they won't), I'll still enjoy their music.

MidnightFelicis97's picture

@Awkibnr
How are they not unique anymore?

What an idiotic statement.

AWKIF had a really unique sound... I've never heard anything similar to it. It's sad that Paramore had evolved their sound into something that isn't as unique, but I'll still support them 'till the day I die.

ThisHeartItBeats's picture

Honestly, I prefer their Riot! sound and style more so than now. But I'm not wishing they'll change back or anything because that kind of stuff is up to them. They've matured over the years and that reflects the music they write. And I still love them how they are now too. So it doesn't matter really. For those that miss their old style, go watch the old music videos and live videos and all that. It's not like it's all just gone.

TheMusicsTooLoud's picture

....Sigh....The old Paramore? You mean when they used to be flying unicorns?!

violet cullen's picture

What moron bumped this up?
I much preferred the days when shit like this was dead.

Jade Ramona's picture

They haven't even changed that much, they've just matured and become a bit more mainstream.

Fan_4_Paramore's picture

Just wait ... theres gonna be a new album. It coud be an AWKIF RIOT! album :O

Killjoy's final riot's picture

yeahhhh i liked the old paramore but its not like i hasnt done good for them it has made them closer through the years i think there doin great like a band that has gone through that much i think its great for them everything happens for a reason =D

jannRIOT's picture

I really miss the times when they made songs that really make me jump or dance all around
but I'm not against their new songs...but its a lot different now...
I understand that they're growing and getting more mature
but I know them when they are PARAMORE

Beth_10's picture

@vannah
I agree. 'Old Paramore' doesn't exist.

JonnyLilley's picture

Yep, i do abit to be honest.

kazumi's picture

i miss them....especially in the AWKIF times...

lilnater747's picture

Heyy, can someone please comment on my profile about paramores new album and whatever thy now about it? i really havent been online in a long time and im not caught up on anything really...

idy ♫♪'s picture

The difference is that they all have grown up...
All We Know Is Falling is like the teen album... more real, the cute start
Riot! was amazing too...
BNE was so honest..
They just have grown up in their music and as persons...
I'm not gonna deny I miss all the other ones that left the band: Hunter, Josh, Zac, John, and Jason... All these guys made a trace in Paramore...
:D

Pages